English | 2013 | ISBN: 978-0672336904 | 1700 Pages | EPUB | 41 MB
C# 5.0 Unleashed is for anyone who wants to learn the C# programming language in depth, understanding how language features truly work. While giving you those insights, you learn where and how to use the features to design various kinds of software. This book not only teaches the language’s capabilities, it also looks behind the scenes to build a solid foundation to aid you in understanding the .NET platform as a whole.
Bart De Smet offers exceptional insight into the features of both the language and Microsoft’s broader framework. He doesn’t just cover the “what” and “how” of effective C# programming: He explains the “why,” so you can consistently choose the right language and platform features, maximizing your efficiency and effectiveness.
The early chapters introduce the .NET platform, the tooling ecosystem, and the C# programming language, followed by in-depth coverage of the C# programming language itself, with immediate application of language features. The last chapters give an overview of the .NET Framework libraries about which every good developer on the platform should know.
- Understand the .NET platform: its language support, libraries, tools, and more
- Learn where C# fits, how it has evolved, and where it’s headed
- Master essential language features including expressions, operators, types, objects, and methods
- Efficiently manage exceptions and resources
- Write more effective C# object-oriented code
- Make the most of generics, collections, delegates, reflection, and other advanced language features
- Use LINQ to express queries for any form of data
- Master dynamic programming techniques built on .NET’s Dynamic Language Runtime (DLR)
- Work with namespaces, assemblies, and application domains
- Write more efficient code using threading, synchronization, and advanced parallel programming techniques
- Leverage the Base Class Library (BCL) to quickly perform many common tasks
- Instrument, diagnose, test, and troubleshoot your C# code
- Understand how to use the new C# 5.0 asynchronous programming features
- Leverage interoperability with Windows Runtime to build Windows 8 applications
Resolve the captcha to access the links!