English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1617292682 | 344 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 20 MB
A hands-on guide that will teach how to design and implement scalable, flexible, and open IoT solutions using web technologies. This book focuses on providing the right balance of theory, code samples, and practical examples to enable you to successfully connect all sorts of devices to the web and to expose their services and data over REST APIs.
Because the Internet of Things is still new, there is no universal application protocol. Fortunately, the IoT can take advantage of the web, where IoT protocols connect applications thanks to universal and open APIs.
Building the Web of Things is a guide to using cutting-edge web technologies to build the IoT. This step-by-step book teaches you how to use web protocols to connect real-world devices to the web, including the Semantic and Social Webs. Along the way you’ll gain vital concepts as you follow instructions for making Web of Things devices. By the end, you’ll have the practical skills you need to implement your own web-connected products and services.
- Introduction to IoT protocols and devices
- Connect electronic actuators and sensors (GPIO) to a Raspberry Pi
- Implement standard REST and Pub/Sub APIs with Node.js on embedded systems
- Learn about IoT protocols like MQTT and CoAP and integrate them to the Web of Things
- Use the Semantic Web (JSON-LD, RDFa, etc.) to discover and find Web Things
- Share Things via Social Networks to create the Social Web of Things
- Build a web-based smart home with HTTP and WebSocket
- Compose physical mashups with EVRYTHNG, Node-RED, and IFTTT
For both seasoned programmers and those with only basic programming skills.Homepage
Resolve the captcha to access the links!