Build revolutionary and incredibly useful home automation projects with the all-new Pi Zero
The release of the Raspberry Pi Zero has completely amazed the tech community. With the price, form factor, and being high on utility the Raspberry Pi Zero is the perfect companion to support home automation projects and makes IoT even more accessible.
With this book, you will be able to create and program home automation projects using the Raspberry Pi Zero board. The book will teach you how to build a thermostat that will automatically regulate the temperature in your home. Another important topic in home automation is controlling electrical appliances, and you will learn how to control LED Lights, lamps, and other electrical applications.
Moving on, we will build a smart energy meter that can measure the power of the appliance, and you’ll learn how to switch it on and off. You’ll also see how to build simple security system, composed of alarms, a security camera, and motion detectors. At the end, you will integrate everything what you learned so far into a more complex project to automate the key aspects of your home.
By the end, you will have deepened your knowledge of the Raspberry Pi Zero, and will know how to build autonomous home automation projects.
What you will learn
- Learn how to measure and store data using the Raspberry Pi Zero board
- Control LED lights, lamps, and other electrical applications
- Send automated notifications by e-mail, SMS, or push notifications
- Connect motion detectors, cameras, and alarms
- Create automated alerts using Raspberry Pi Zero boards
- Control devices using cloud-based services
- Build a complete home automation system using Pi Zero