English | 2017 | ISBN: 978-1787123083 | 392 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 55 MB
Create real-world enterprise solutions with NAV, Cloud, and the Microsoft stack
Implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV in the real world often requires you to integrate the ERP with external applications or solve complex architectural tasks in order to have a final successful project. This book will show you how to extend a Microsoft Dynamics NAV installation to the enterprise world in a practical way.
The book starts with an introduction to Microsoft Dynamics NAV architecture and then moves on to advanced topics related to implementing real-world solutions based on NAV and external applications. You will learn how an enterprise distributed architecture with NAV at the core can be implemented.
Through a series of real-world cases on every topic and every industry (sales, retail, manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, and so on), you’ll see step by step how to efficiently solve a technical problem. These common problems encountered in a NAV implementation will be solved using the entire technology stack that Microsoft offers.
By the end of the book, you will have the knowledge to efficiently solve certain scenarios, you will know which is the best solution architecture to propose to a customer and how to implement it.
What You Will Learn
- Configure NAV Web Services and create external applications with Visual Studio, .NET, and .NET Core
- Solve technical architectural problems by implementing enterprise solutions with NAV
- Develop applications and solutions with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and the Microsoft technology stack
- Create a Power BI dashboard for rich reporting and NAV data analysis
- Find out how to transmit your device location from a UWP application to NAV in order to implement a distributed solution for managing couriers in a sales company
- Make the most of Microsoft Azure and its services
- Create enterprise solutions with NAV by using Azure App Service
- Use Azure Service Bus for managing distributed NAV applications
This book is for NAV developers and solution architects who need to implement real-world enterprise solutions based on Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Knowledge of the NAV programming language (C/AL) and C# language is recommended. Knowledge of ASP.NET and Visual Studio development would help, but is not necessary.Homepage
Resolve the captcha to access the links!