English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-0134850016 | 336 Pages | EPUB, MOBI | 10 MB
What you must know to protect yourself today
The digital technology explosion has blown everything to bits–and the blast has provided new challenges and opportunities. This second edition of Blown to Bits delivers the knowledge you need to take greater control of your information environment and thrive in a world that’s coming whether you like it or not.
Straight from internationally respected Harvard/MIT experts, this plain-English bestseller has been fully revised for the latest controversies over social media, “fake news,” big data, cyberthreats, privacy, artificial intelligence and machine learning, self-driving cars, the Internet of Things, and much more.
- Discover who owns all that data about you―and what they can infer from it
- Learn to challenge algorithmic decisions
- See how close you can get to sending truly secure messages
- Decide whether you really want always-on cameras and microphones
- Explore the realities of Internet free speech
- Protect yourself against out-of-control technologies (and the powerful organizations that wield them)
You will find clear explanations, practical examples, and real insight into what digital tech means to you–as an individual, and as a citizen.Homepage
Resolve the captcha to access the links!