Develop cloud applications based on the most popular Azure services, including hosting web applications, running containers, storing data using both relational and non-relational databases, and much more
- Take a modern approach to Azure Cloud development and management
- Get a detailed introduction to services such as web hosting, databases, and serverless platforms
- Get the hang of cloud services with this practical, developer-centric guide for Azure developers
Microsoft Azure is currently one of the fastest growing public cloud service providers thanks to its sophisticated set of services for building fault-tolerant and scalable cloud-based applications.
This second edition of Azure for Developers will take you on a journey through the various PaaS services available in Azure, including Azure App Service, Azure Functions, and Azure SQL Databases, showing you how to build a complete and reliable system with ease. Throughout the book, you’ll discover ways to enhance your skills when building cloud-based solutions leveraging different SQL/NoSQL databases, serverless and messaging components, containerized solutions, and even search engines such as Azure Cognitive Search. That’s not all!! The book also covers more advanced scenarios such as scalability best practices, serving static content with Azure CDN, and distributing loads with Azure Traffic Manager, Azure Application Gateway, and Azure Front Door.
By the end of this Azure book, you’ll be able to build modern applications on the Azure cloud using the most popular and promising technologies to make your solutions reliable, stable, and efficient.
What you will learn
- Identify the Azure services that can help you get the results you need
- Implement PaaS components – Azure App Service, Azure SQL, Traffic Manager, CDN, Notification Hubs, and Azure Cognitive Search
- Work with serverless components
- Integrate applications with storage
- Put together messaging components (Event Hubs, Service Bus, and Azure Queue Storage)
- Use Application Insights to create complete monitoring solutions
- Secure solutions using Azure RBAC and manage identities
- Develop fast and scalable cloud applications