English | 2023 | ISBN: 978-1803231051 | 278 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 55 MB
Apply scenario-based learning to effectively handle the technical and business impact of various services like AKS, ACI, Azure Functions, and Azure Container Apps on Azure
- Understand the what, why, and how of different container technologies available on Microsoft Azure
- Explore the practical implementation of various Azure container technologies with the help of use cases
- Learn common business strategies for selecting the right Azure container technology at optimized cost
Whether you’re working with a start-up or an enterprise, making decisions related to using different container technologies on Azure has a notable impact your app migration and modernization strategies. This is where companies face challenges, while choosing the right solutions and deciding when to move on to the next technology. Azure Containers Explained helps you make the right architectural choices for your solutions and get well-versed with the migration path to other platforms using practical examples.
You’ll begin with a recap of containers as technology and where you can store them within Azure. Next, you’ll explore the different Microsoft Azure container technologies and understand how each platform, namely Azure Container Apps, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure Container Instances (ACI), Azure Functions, and Azure App Services, work – you’ll learn to implement them by grasping their respective characteristics and use cases. Finally, you’ll build upon your own container solution on Azure using best practices from real-world examples and successfully transform your business from a start-up to a full-fledged enterprise.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to effectively cater to your business and application needs by selecting and modernizing your apps using various Microsoft Azure container services.
What you will learn
- Make the best-suited architectural choices to meet your business and application needs
- Understand the migration paths between different Azure Container services
- Deploy containerized applications on Azure to multiple technologies
- Know when to use Azure Container Apps versus Azure Kubernetes Service
- Find out how to add features to an AKS cluster
- Investigate the containers on Azure Web apps and Functions apps
- Discover ways to improve your current architecture without starting again
- Explore the financial implications of using Azure container services
Resolve the captcha to access the links!