English | 2020 | ISBN: 1789612165 | 667 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 48 MB
New edition of the best selling guide to building a simple, yet fully-functional modern web application using .NET Core 3.1, Entity Framework Core and Angular 9
The ASP.NET Core and Angular book has established itself as a popular choice for learning full-stack development. This book will help you become fluent in both frontend and backend web development by combining the impressive capabilities of ASP.NET Core 3.1 and Angular 9 from project setup right through the deployment phase.
The book will help you use the .NET Core framework and Web API Controllers to implement the backend with API calls and server-side routing. Going further, you will learn to build the Data Model with Entity Framework Core and configure it using either a local SQL Server instance or cloud-based data stores such as MS Azure. The book will help you handle user input with Angular Reactive Forms and frontend and backend Validators for maximum effect. You will explore the advanced debugging and unit testing features provided by xUnit.NET (.NET Core) and Jasmine/Karma (Angular). Finally, you will implement various authentication and authorization techniques with the ASP.NET Core Identity system and the new IdentityServer, as well as deploy your apps on Windows and Linux Servers using IIS, Kestrel, and NGINX.
What you will learn
- Implement a Web API interface with ASP.NET Core and consume it with Angular using RxJS Observables
- Create a Data Model using Entity Framework Core with Code-First and Migrations
- Setup and configure a SQL DB server using a local instance or a cloud data store on Azure
- TDD and BDD unit testing using xUnit, Jasmine and Karma
- Execute authentication and authorization using ASP.NET Identity, IdentityServer4, and Angular API
- Build Progressive Web Apps and explore Service Workers