English | 2015 | ISBN: 978-1484204764 | 780 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
Android Recipes, Fourth Edition offers more than 100 down-to-earth code recipes, and guides you step-by-step through a wide range of useful topics using complete and real-world working code examples. This book is updated to include the Android 5.0 SDK, as well as earlier releases.
Instead of abstract descriptions of complex concepts, in Android Recipes, you’ll find live code examples. When you start a new project you can consider copying and pasting the code and configuration files from this book and then modifying them for your own customization needs.
Crammed with insightful instruction and helpful examples, this fourth edition of Android Recipes is your guide to writing apps for one of today’s hottest mobile platforms. It offers pragmatic advice that will help you get the job done quickly and well. This can save you a great deal of work over creating a project from scratch!
Android continues to be one of the leading mobile OS and development platforms driving today’s mobile innovations and the apps ecosystem. Android appears complex, but offers a variety of organized development kits to those coming into Android with differing programming language skill sets.
What you’ll learn
- Code for Android smartphones and tablets
- Use external libraries to save time and effort
- Boost app performance by using the Android NDK and RenderScript
- Design apps for performance, responsiveness, and seamlessness
- Send data between devices and other external hardware
- Persist application data and share it between applications
- Capture and play back various device media items
- Communicate with web services
- Get the most out of your user interface