English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-484218-16-7 | 261 Pages | PDF | 12 MB
Understand the concepts, processes and technologies that will aid in your professional development as a new system administrator. While every information technology culture is specific to its parent organization, there are commonalities that apply to all organizations.
The Accidental SysAdmin Handbook, Second Edition looks at those commonalities and provides a general introduction to critical aspects associated with system administration. It further acts to provide definitions and patterns for common computer terms and acronyms.
What you’ll learn
- How to build and manage home networking and plan more complex network environments
- How to manage the network layer and service architectures as well as network support plans
- How to develop a server hardware strategy and understand the physical vs. virtual server ecosystem
- How to handle data storage, data strategies and directory services, and central account management
- How to work with DNS, DHCP, IP v4 and IP v6
- How to deploy workstations and printers
- How to manage and use antivirus and security management software
- How to build, manage and work with intranets and Internet support services
It is assumed that the reader has little to no experience in a professional information technology environment.Homepage